Beyonce Cuts Ties With Ivy Park Partner, Phillip Green After He Was Accused of Sexual Harassment.

Beyoncé is cutting ties with Philip Green, the embattled British billionaire with whom she partnered for her sportswear line Ivy Park, after he was accused in the U.K. of a series of sexual harassment and racial abuse charges.

The singer’s company, Parkwood Entertainment, said in a statement on Thursday that it has acquired 100 percent of the athleisure clothing line.

Beyoncé and Green teamed up in 2014 to develop the brand, which includes leggings, sports bras and hoodies, and features the singer in its ads and promotional campaigns. The clothing range went on sale in 2016 at Green’s Topshop retail chain to much fanfare.

The decision to take sole ownership of the brand comes “after discussions of almost a year,” according to the statement, predating Green’s current troubles.

After an eight-month investigation, Britain’s Daily Telegraph published a story last month called “The British #MeToo scandal which cannot be revealed.” The newspaper said a court injunction prevented it from naming the businessman or reporting the details of his alleged behavior and how he used non-disclosure agreements to buy the silence of his accusers.

Topshop Topman New York City Flagship Opening Dinner

Green was later outed as the man in question after Peter Hain, a Member of Parliament, who said he felt a “duty under parliamentary privilege to name Philip Green as the individual in question.” Green has denied the allegations

Beyoncé has been under pressure to cut her multimillion-dollar ties with Green since the allegations were exposed; the “Independent Woman” singer is seen by many of her fans as a role model for girl power and is known for taking a stand against injustice.

“Beyoncé has put herself forward as a women’s rights activist,” Yasmeen Hassan, global executive director of human rights group Equality Now told the Times last month. “She and her team need to look closely at these allegations.”

Her decision to ditch Green was applauded by fans who said “You go, girl.”

SOURCE: NBC NEWS 




Kim Porter’s Sudden Death Sends ShockWaves Through The International Entertainment Arena.

Kim Porter, who dated Sean “Diddy” Combs for many years before their 2007 split and was also mother to four of his children, was found dead in her home on Thursday. She was 47.

Porter with Combs during their time together.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to PEOPLE that officers responded to a death investigation at 11:38 a.m. in Toluca Lake, California, where they found a female unresponsive at the residence. (They cannot currently confirm the name of the deceased.)

The cause of death is undetermined at this time. According to an emergency dispatch call posted by TMZ, the call came in as a cardiac arrest. While it’s not yet clear what caused Porter’s death, a source told the outlet she had been suffering from pneumonia for weeks.

A rep for Diddy confirmed Porter’s death to PEOPLE, saying, “Sadly, I can confirm the passing of Kim Porter. I ask that you give the families privacy at this time.”

SOURCE: People Magazine.




Ecliff Elie’s Fashion Hits Dominicana Moda, In A Major Way.

The Ecliff Elie menswear brand- a steadily growing and well-reputed Trinidad and Tobago design brand, was a part of the Caribbean’s most anticipated fashion event, Dominicana Moda 2018. The event took place last month.

One of the designs from Elie’s Dreevait Collection.

Staged in Santo Domingo, the 12thedition of the red carpet event, which sees celebrities from various parts of the world, in attendance, welcomed Elie and his Dreevait Resort collection. Both Caribbean Export and Dominicana Moda had extended the invitation to the Trinidad and Tobago designer. He accepted and would subsequently showcase the collection at an event dubbed, “Caribbean Runway” on Wednesday, October 24th. “It was truly a success. The collection was well received,” said Elie

Dominicana Moda is considered one of the most important fashion events in the Caribbean with growing importance internationally. For Ecliff, the experience was certainly a welcomed one, and graciously, he accepted and executed, delivering the Dreevait collection, which was revealed a few months ago in Tobago. The collection boasts bold colours and according to the designer himself, it suits men who have no restrictions, and reflects those who are confident and ready for any occasion.

.

Ecliff Elie says the opportunity was a very good one for Trinidad and Tobago.

The opportunity to showcase his work on a main stage at this very prominent Caribbean fashion event was worthwhile. “There’s really no better place for this collection to have been showcased. The DR is an ultimate resort destination in the Caribbean region, coupled with an appreciation for the Caribbean aesthetic, which is ultimately delivered in this collection,” he said. Elie also explained that the opportunity was seen as a very good business move. “It was good for Trinidad and Tobago as well. It allowed our country to be seen and highlighted among the best in Caribbean fashion and that’s promotion we certainly cannot pay for,” he said.Ecliff Elie received tremendous kudos for his showing at the fashion event on October 24th.

A number of businesses in the Dominican Republic had expressed a desire to carry Elie’s clothing brand there, so essentially, the move to showcase the designs to such a wide audience, was a smart one.

Ecliff Elie’s name has been receiving widespread attention in recent time. He is credited with outfitting reggae sensation, Jah Cure for a concert event hosted in Trinidad earlier this year. The reggae artiste was certainly satisfied with his look, telling the crowd that a “Trini designer” had dressed him. Subsequent to that, Ecliff Elie designed a number of suits for Trinidad and Tobago singer, Olatunji Yearwood who appeared on the X Factor, making it through to the Live rounds, before making his exit this month.

It was good for Trinidad and Tobago as well. It allowed our country to be seen and highlighted among the best in Caribbean fashion and that’s promotion we certainly cannot pay for. – Ecliff Elie 




Dwayne Bravo Takes The Bull By The Horn. Releases New Anthem To Counteract Violence in Trinidad and Tobago.

He’s always referred to himself as a champion. Now, former West Indies cricketer, Dwayne Bravo says he is the champion of the nation. His life story may be quite similar to many of Trinidad and Tobago’s young people, but what makes the cricket star turned artist, a pillar of powerful change is his forward thinking attitude.

Bravo released a new single on Monday. It would prove to be something quite timely, amid a spiralling crime situation in Trinidad and Tobago. The song, “Done De War”, expresses Bravo’s desire to see peace, unity and love in the land of his birth. Speaking on RED96.7FM, the entertainer said, ” This is a new song for me and it’s no secret what’s going on in T&T. This song isn’t only about the violence because there are all kinds of wars happening around us.”

Bravo suggested that there is animosity among DJs, athletes and even religious factions, even suggesting that there is war taking place even on social media.

“I want everybody to unite in Trinidad and Tobago. The time is now. The festive time is now and people are releasing a lot of different types of songs but I’ve chosen to use my platform to encourage positive change.”

On Monday, the superstar cricketer made his rounds to various urban radio stations, preaching this sentiment, urging Trinidad and Tobago’s people to do better for themselves, and for the generations to come.

Bravo visited the youths at Success Laventille Secondary School recently.

Explaining that he had embarked on a school tour recently, the Santa Cruz, Trinidad native said many children look up to him and he realised that with their appreciation of his music. “Most of the children know my songs word for word. This song is really calling on the nation, for everybody to unite as one,” he insisted.

In a social media post on the first day of his school tour, Bravo, having visited the children at the Success Laventille Secondary School said, “It felt so good.” His effort to draw attention to the harsh reality faced by many of these young people who reside in crime hot spots in Trinidad and Tobago, is certainly worthy of commendation.

SOURCE: www.ebuzztt.com

 

 

 




Marvel Comics’ Stan Lee Felt Obligation to Fans, To Keep Creating, Reveals His Daughter.

“He felt an obligation to his fans to keep creating. He loved his life and he loved what he did for a living. His family loved him and his fans loved him. He was irreplaceable.” The words of J.C. Lee- the daughter of writer, editor, and former publisher and president of Marvel Comics, Stan Lee, who died on Monday, at the age of 95.

Lee, who co-invented Spider-Man and was responsible for turning superhero comic books into a phenomenon, was taken to Los Angeles’ Cedars Sinai Medical Center on Monday after suffering a medical emergency; he was declared dead shortly afterwards, Lee’s daughter confirmed to Variety.

To some, Lee was one of the greatest pop-culture creators of his era – the primary voice behind Marvel’s golden years and the mind that introduced characters every schoolkid knows: Not just your friendly neighborhood web-slinger but also the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Iron Man, Daredevil, the Hulk, the Avengers, and on and on.

 




Tekashi 6ix9ine Alleged Attempted Robber, Arrested.

A 31-year-old man, Anthony Jamel Ellison, has been arrested and charged for allegedly attempting to rob rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine in July, The New York Post reports.

The alleged incident took place July 22nd, with Tekashi 6ixNine claiming he was kidnapped and robbed of $750,000 in jewelry and $20,000 in cash after a video shoot. Ellison was indicted by a grand jury at the end of October, while he was officially arrested and charged November 6th.

A representative for Tekashi 6ix9ine did not immediately return Rolling Stone‘s request for comment.

SOURCE: Rollingstone.com 




Cardi B, Chance The Rapper and T.I To Judge New Netflix Music Competition Series in 2019.

Movie streaming service, Netflix has announced its first music competition series will be Rhythm + Flow, which shouldn’t be confused with 2005’s Hustle & Flow, a movie that is also about rap and competition in its own lovable way.

Amateur rappers will compete for attention — Netflix did not include what riches/fame/recording contracts winning the competition will arrive with — in front of a panel of established judges.

Cardi B, Chance The Rapper and T.I. will star as the show’s main judges, and they’ll be joined by rappers from each city the show travels to, along with other artists and industry types.

According to Rollingstone, Auditions for the show begin this fall and will be held across the United States. Rhythm + Flow debuts with ten hour-long episodes in 2019.




She may never get on a bike again




On Live TV – High Five FAIL




That Face